Monday, 7 May 2012

My Opinions On Every Pokémon Ever: 027, Sandshrew and 028, Sandslash



027: SANDSHREW.

First of all, it's interesting to note that Sandshrew, not Pikachu, is known as 'the mouse Pokémon'. Well, of course, it's entirely likely that you don't find this interesting, but the fact that the famous electric mouse isn't know as 'the mouse Pokémon' amused me for a few seconds and you know me, I share anything that sticks in my mind long enough to type it out.

It seems as if Sandshrew is based on an anteaterdvarkmadillo kind of thing, but the more I stare at it, the less it reminds me of that. Instead, I think of a tyrannosaurus rex. It has a big head and little arms. Where they got the 'mouse Pokémon' bit from is hard to tell. I guess if someone photoshopped a piece of Swiss Cheese into its hands there, we might begin a journey of collective understanding.

You know what to do.

028: SANDSLASH.
I'm beginning to see less of a tyrannosaurus rex here, funnily enough. On the flipside of that, it looks even less like a 'mouse Pokémon' than Sandshrew. Those long talons are pretty rad, though I can't help but wonder how the spindly starts of its arms hold up those bulging forearms. I am not, however, prepared to argue this point to Sandslash's face. Check your Pokédex, it's good at using those claws. And they grow back in a day.

When I was younger, I always used to believe that the mass of spines on Sandslash's back was actually a glorious mane of hair. I thought that was pretty spectaculariffic, since my hair was pretty much exactly that colour. Therefore, I was better at being a Pokémon than anyone else I knew (because that, of course, is how it works).

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I didn't know Pikachu wans't the mouse Pokemon.. electric pokemon?? idk. :D

    I used to think sandshrew/sandslash were gen III pokemon. ):

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nooooo, how could you do that to them? gen III is the worst gen. You'll hurt their self esteem if you keep talking like that!

      Delete

You write things here. Love is good, flames are too.